Laser Capture Microdissection: Rates
Rate Plan One: Initial setup fee and hourly rate
Initial setup and training (1-time fee): $520 for UCSD faculty; $754 for non-university
The fee includes:
- Consultation on planning and design of experiments
- Advice on sample preparation and staining prior to microdissection
- Training in the use of the microscope on an individual basis
- Technical assistance during use of the facility
- Advice on downstream processing, and availability of commercial kits
- 4 hrs of free instrument use
After the initial setup, investigators pay an hourly rate for regular use: $65/hour for UCSD faculty; $94.25/hour for non-university. Technical assistance will be provided if needed during regular use.
Rate Plan Two: Annual contract
Investigators planning on using the facility on a long-term basis can take advantage of a discounted rate through an annual contract.
The annual contract is $2,600 for UCSD faculty and $3770 for non-university. It includes:
- Initial setup service charge for services above
- 50 hours of microscope use
Note: Slides and tubes for microdissection are purchased by investigators. See Consumable Pricing for details.