About the Clinical Trials Office
At the Moores Cancer Center Clinical Trials Office, we are translating promising scientific discoveries into new and better options for patients with cancer.
It is our mission to exceed conventional understanding and treatment methodology of cancer by using the most advanced, personalized therapies available – with compassionate care throughout.
About clinical trials
A clinical trial is a research study that tests new treatments for people with cancer. The goal is to find better ways to prevent cancer, treat cancer, and care for cancer patients. Clinical trials test various types of treatments such as new drugs, new surgeries or types of radiation therapy, new combinations of treatments, or new methods such as gene therapy.
To help protect patients and produce sound scientific results, clinical trial research is carried out within strict scientific and ethical principles. Each study describes the eligibility criteria (characteristics such as type and stage of cancer, age, and gender) that all patients must have in order to protect patient safety and ensure reliable results.
Moores Cancer Center has more than 100 study protocols active at any time. Ask your doctor if a clinical trial is right for you.
- Clinical trials offer high-quality cancer care and may allow you access to treatments not yet available to the public.
- An interdisciplinary healthcare team will follow your progress very closely.
- Participation in a clinical trial allows you to help others by improving cancer treatment.
- You have the right to informed consent, which means that you must receive all the facts about the study before you agree to participate.
- If you are in a study and not receiving the new treatment being tested, you will still receive the best standard treatment available. No one will be given a placebo (no treatment) when there is a treatment that exists.
- Your safety is a priority. You have the right to drop out of a clinical trial at any time.
Along with your doctor's advice and guidance, the following sites may assist you.
Clinical Trials Office: (858) 822-5354, email@example.com