At times, patients undergoing cancer treatment will need services, tests or procedures that are not available within the UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center building.
Thornton Hospital, of UC San Diego Health System, is an affiliate of the Cancer Center and located directly across the parking lot. Patients will be treated there for surgery, in-patient treatment, or certain radiology procedures. Emergency services are available at Thornton Hospital and at UC San Diego Medical Center, Hillcrest.
- Your Moores Cancer Center team will give you the information you need prior to your appointment, including when and where to check in.
- Transport is available between Moores Cancer Center and Thornton Hospital. Your nurse will arrange any necessary transportation.
- You are encouraged to bring a family member or friend with you to your appointment. Please do not bring children to Thornton Hospital.
- There are no specified visiting hours at Thornton Hospital. The only after-hours entrance is through the Emergency Department.
- The Cove cafeteria, open 6:30 a.m. – 7 p.m., and room service are available for your convenience.
UC San Diego Thornton Hospital
9300 Campus Point Drive
La Jolla, CA 92037
Across the parking lot from the Moores Cancer Center